Friday, March 2, 2012

my arti-sh dabblings

A few weeks ago, I was attempting some moose drawings, since I just love moose. They have the kindest looking faces, I think! But then I began to branch out to trying to capture some other of my favorites.
I recently saw a NGW channel documentary about beavers. I then realized that I loved beavers. They are amazingly intelligent and as I have said before, if they could speak, they would most definitely have British accents. Indubitably.
Foxes are so darn cute, too. Crafty, agile. Things I would aspire to be. And what a lovely red coat they have. Possibly British accent there too!
HOT AIR BALLOONS! Especially vintage looking ones. For some reason, I am sooo obsessed with them now. I imagine them floating gracefully over....you guessed it...London ... England!
I made this sketch into a poster after adding text and background effects with picnik online photo editing. I figured I would get some use out of picnik before it closes down. (Booooo hoo to its closing) I then uploaded it to the Walmart online photo center and had it printed as a poster which now hangs over my fireplace.
**as a footnote, I have been adding the color to the sketches with watercolor pencils and have also tried the watercolor and ink style which I hope to master a lot better. I also enjoy just using basic drawing pencils because of the vintage effect I believe they give a picture.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are using all of this talent!! I love seeing your drawings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Satta king Play Bazaar Set up your site so clients who don't wish to have mixed media introductions or permit blaze to run contents, despite everything approach important substance. While a great many people do have broadband help nowadays, some don't or are perusing on cell phones. They will truly welcome a straightforward, however successful website page, particularly when they needn't bother with all the fancy odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete