Tuesday, February 14, 2012

three days, three moose

Every so often I get the urge to draw, especially when I have a project for my home or my family in mind. I have been thinking about moose for probably the last year, but have been procrastinating any attempt at drawing one. Until this past weekend that is, when I created the picture above. I have to look at a moose photo or picture to get the idea, so I easily found some on the internet. I drew this moose head then photocopied on my printer, cut it out and then decoupaged it onto a canvas that I had painted diagonal stripes on. I made two and am giving one to my daughter Christina and keeping the other one for somewhere in my house. Guess I will have to move some things around because my walls are pretty full...
Then the next day I attempted a whole moose and did this guy. I have no idea what I am doing, I just look at a picture and try to duplicate it with drawing pencils. I also have no idea how to shade properly but I intend to check out some tutorials on the web to better learn the proper technique.
Yesterday, I watched a tutorial on how to draw a moose and then drew this fella, which seems a better likeness of one.
So...three days, three mooses (or is it three moose?) Wondering what I will do next...

1 comment:

  1. Whoa -- you are so talented. I think an animal would be the hardest thing in the world to draw. Very good! Maybe look into taking a drawing class - I bet you would really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete