Monday, January 10, 2011

day 2 of "snowmageddon"


Rachel is a ninja snow warrior

Today, Rachel, Jenny and I went for a wonderful late morning snow stroll with some friends in our neighborhood. My $19 dollar rubber boots ended up being great for sloshing around in crunchy snow,slush and ice. All that was needed was a long pair of socks and a short pair over them to keep toesies warm.
We ended up with more than 6 inches and everything came to a standstill. Even Walmart closed its doors for most of the day today and our local grocery never opened. It made me crave salad and vegetables which were not available in our house since I focused on bread and milk and toilet paper for preparation for the snow.
The neighborhood was glowing with sparkly snow and every crunchy step brought me back to my childhood when I lived in the northeast.
After the walk, we built a Russian Matryoshka doll snow woman we named Natasha! I hadn't made a snow person since I was a kid, and it was fun and very cold work but we loved the results. I eerily think Natasha resembles me in more ways than one :)

5 comments:

  1. Nice job on Natasha! Is it spring yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous but very HAPPY for you!! I LOVE Natasha - those are some mad snow person skills you have bottled up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the snow then. Looks like you all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!
    How to Use Silicone Bakeware. Silicone bakeware is high-tech and easy to store and clean, which makes it an appealing option to many bakers.

    ReplyDelete