Tuesday, December 7, 2010

bazaar happenings...

day 1 set up
day 2 setup
My daughter Christina had some of her beautiful pillows and earrings set up in this vintage suitcase
the church where I sold from
My daughter Christina of Consider The Coffee, posted about this weekend with lots of pictures and more details, so just click here to read more about it and to see more pics.
It was a good weekend for me at the bazaar, with meeting some extremely nice people and reconnecting with people from last year. It seems that crafty arty people are some of the nicest folks. My location was inside a church across the street from where I was last year, and the people from the church were so hospitable and accommodating to all the vendors.
The weather was cold on Saturday and icy cold on Sunday, which may have helped people buy my crocheted scarves and such. I was happy to make more profit than last year and am looking forward to doing it again in 2011.
The second day , we rearranged the setup because it seemed that people were more hesitant to take my things off of the garden gate they were attached to with clothespins, even though we told them to feel free to pick up, try on, etc. The second day we placed almost everything on a table our friend Jessika didn't need any more and people definitely touched, picked up and tried on a lot more resulting in more sales!
We are still enjoying Christina and Kavi staying with us until Monday when I return to FLA with them. The weather is pretty cold here now with today's high only at 39! Brrr.
Stay warm and enjoy some hot cocoa today!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the success!! I read Stina's post about it last night!

    BTW, I LOVE the photo of Kavi with the umbrella in the last post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you and Stina had a successful show. I bet you can't wait to get to Florida; it's ridiculously cold here. Your scarves and hats are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it was a good show for you. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the display, you guys did great! i am off to read stina's post now :) so late catching up on blogging this week!

    ReplyDelete