Sunday, September 26, 2010

Thanks Oklahoma Granny!


Oklahoma Granny recently gave me this award and I must share 7 things you don't know about me...hmmm...let me see...
1. I was once almost a hippie! I lived communally for a year in New York in the seventies.
I actually learned to cook from a wonderful real live hippie named Hazel. I always wanted to be one, but I was just slightly too young and considerably too uncool to be!

2. when I was little I would go hunting with my older brother and he would shoot the rabbit or grouse or woodchuck and make me carry the dead carcass home. And now I think, what was i crazy? How gross! Besides, hippies frown upon that sort of thing.

3. If I had to choose between being a meat eater and a vegetarian, I'd choose to be a vegetarian. Sometimes, I actually crave veggies...and chocolate...ice cream (neither of which are meat).

4. When I was 17, I briefly dated a guy with a bright red afro, who was a monk in training. He would sneak out of the Monastery to see me, but eventually had to move to a monastery far away (I really didn't like him that much anyway).

5. When I was in college, I was supposed to room with an annoying party girl who secretly switched roommate names around so she could room with one of her fellow partiers. Thankfully that resulted in me having a great roommate who became my good friend and later introduced me to my husband. She was maid of honor at our wedding!

6. From '89 to '94 I was part of a dance group at our church and performed in many Christmas and Easter productions. Long live sequin belts and headbands!

7. For ten years ('80s-'90s) I was a blonde with a firm poof atop my head that would flap in the wind as one large unit, all the while sporting my dark roots. By the time I went back to brunette my roots were gray, never could quite get it right.

hope you enjoyed these startling revelations!

and now to pass this award on to:
considerthecoffee
allotment2kitchen
jesseandsophiasgrandma
lanyardlady
bundlesofblossoms
whatsinmyattic?
picklesonpizza

2 comments:

  1. Interesting things! Who knew you are almost a hippie? I was, too. A macrame belt was as close as I got, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I liked #5 best. Things always happen for a reason and this one is one of the best I've heard.

    ReplyDelete