Thursday, December 17, 2009

Have a Cozy Christmas This Year!!!!





I love the word "cozy", it evokes images of curling up at a fireside with a hot coffee, tea or cocoa and feeling at peace and content! Let it snow and storm outside, I am warm and comfortable all snug by the fire! When I was a little girl living with my Grandpa in Little Meadows, Pennsylvania it snowed all winter long, sometimes just flurries, sometimes more like a blizzard, but it was always warm inside thanks to a huge wood burning stove in the kitchen and a pot belly coal stove in the living room. They were the only heat sources in the old house but a good supply of wood and coal kept things comfortable all winter!
There is nothing quite like the feeling of warmth and safety you can feel inside even when the outside world is cold and bitter and I have found that I can have that same wonderful feeling whenever I think about our Savior being born! Ever since I was little, I always loved the Christmas carols like Silent Night, Away in a Manger, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Joy to the World and so many more. Even though I didn't grow up going to church, I still felt the same cozy feeling inside when I heard those songs and thought about the magical night when Christ was born and the angels parted the curtains of heaven to rejoice! When I was 18 years old I decided that I would believe in Jesus Christ and learn what that meant by reading the bible and going to church and it has been the most wonderful thing that I have done! He loves me and everyone in the world for that matter and He is the true meaning of Christmas!
May you all be blessed this year with peace, joy and comfort and enjoy family and friends like never before!

3 comments: