Friday, December 4, 2009

Festive Holiday Weekend!



Wow, this weekend starting tonight and going through Monday night is Christmas, Christmas, Christmas all the way!
Tonight is First Friday in Gadsden and the downtown area will be filled with antique cars, choirs, lighting of the Christmas tree, music, music,music and food! A friend of our girls is having a concert in his garage with his band "Lieutenant Snakebeard" (originally to perform on the street at First Friday, but they thought they would be too "hard" for the First Friday crowd)
Tomorrow morning, bright and early my household is heading to the Bottletree Craft Bazaar where I have a space. I am grateful for their help, since I am bringing a real wood table instead of a card table to set my stuff on! It is supposed to be a high of 41 tomorrow, brrrr, but I think I am in some sort of inside space, but who knows if there will be heat! The same thing on Sunday morning, but will get to sleep a little later since the bazaar starts at noon!
Then to wrap it all up, the Gadsden Christmas Parade is Monday night! Last year it lasted for a few hours and was festive and just a little boring (sorry). Numerous folks riding convertibles and waving at the crowd was a yawner for me, but everyone was in a festive mood and the bitter cold and Christmas music (especially from the school marching bands!)seemed to be a good match!
So.....time to suck it up, bundle up and drink up ! (hot cocoa that is!)
Hope your weekend is fun! I have posted some pictures of my practice bazaar set up! (remember I only had four feet!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi - your practice set up looks fantastic, and I'm sure that you will attract plenty of shoppers, as all of the lovely colours you are are so eye catching - have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete