Thursday, December 30, 2010

Holiday Time in Pictures



Kavi (my grandson in case you didn't know)having a blast on Christmas Morning

When Stina and Kavi were in Alabama we went to see Afton in a Christmas play!
This past month has been jammed full of the funnest times. Two and a half weeks here in Alabama with my daughter and grandson! Christmas shopping together, a craft bazaar, Christmas lights and so much fun at Noccallua Park, Antique stores, lunches out, hot tea and cocoa every night!
Then to Florida for me and Christina and Kavi where we had more fun Christmas shopping at Ikea and the International Mall in Tampa, Greek Food, Italian Cookies, Chinese Food, Pizza! (whenever we visit Florida we load up on all of the foods we love and which are either not available in our town or just not that tasty there) Downtown Disney on Christmas Eve, just like respectable tourists. ( it is an area outside of the theme parks with shops, restaurants and a stage with free entertainment) We ate at The Rainforest Cafe which is decorated like a tropical jungle with monkeys, elephant, tropical fish tanks and a thunderstorm that happens every twenty minutes. At first my grandson was not happy with the gorillas that were near our table, but by the end of the meal he was happily looking at the silly fake monkeys!
Then preparing for Christmas Dinner, with delicious Indian food, homemade meatballs and sauce which is my husband's family recipe, pasta, roasted Brussels sprouts (my new favorite vegetable that I used to hate) delicious salad, eggplant, desserts and more hot tea and cocoa every night!
Now we are all back in our separate states in our separate homes missing each other but also recovering from the past month's activities!
I started going for walks these past two days, because I have been a very bad undisciplined girl for this past month and needed it very badly! Hope your holidays were fun and festive too! I am not sure I will be able to stay up to midnight tomorrow, but I will try!
Happiest of New Years to you and all your loved ones!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a ton of fun! I am so glad y'all got to spend so much time together this year! Good for you back walking! I have been on my bike every single day since Christmas Eve - which is a small miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated brussels sprouts until I had them roasted (in plenty of butter) -- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family. So glad you had precious time with them during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roasted Brussel Sprouts???? sounds interesting I'd never have thought of doing that.
    Lovely pictures.
    Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you had a wonderful time spent in AL and FL! wishing you a wonderful 2011!!

    ReplyDelete