Saturday, October 30, 2010

shh...just between you and me...

This morning I asked Ray to join me at Noccallula Falls for my final walk before it's closing for the season. It was a nice crisp and sunny morning which is perfect walking weather!
Ray decided to ride the train and meet me at the barnyard area, so he was chatting with the conductor , telling him that I was going to miss my walks there when he found out some delightful news...
Apparently they leave the gate to the park open every day between 10 Am and 4PM, so I could still go in for my morning walks!!! There is no train running of course, and it is the off season, but they leave the park available for people to walk around in! He mentioned that he doesn't tell too many people this info, but in the old days the park used to be free and open for people year round.
I am definitely going to take advantage of this good news, and hopefully this gent's info was correct. I don't really want to ask anyone else since it's seems to be an almost secret!
Hopefully I won't get in trouble with a park Ranger or anything!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are keeping the secret....LOL! At least you can still enjoy your morning walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! It's always easier to walk if you enjoy the scenery! I've missed another blogging week...will be catching up on everyone's posts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful looking place - good news it will still be available for you during the Winter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! What a prefect secret! Enjoy:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you will still get to enjoy your morning retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. good for you!! keep it secrete girl! {smiles}
    I love,love,love your blog!
    so good to fint it today!
    hugs
    Lila

    ReplyDelete