Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Autumn around town






Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees...or....sometimes you can't see the pretty trees because you only drive from your house to Walmart and back. Today Jenny suggested I take some pictures of a few trees she had seen that were already changing. So, I grabbed my camera on my way to Hobby Lobby, the other store I wear a path to. And right around the corner by our friend Cindy's house there were beauties to behold. I don't know if the photos capture the intensity of the colors, but these few trees really stood out on this overcast morning.
I felt like I was missing Fall or something, since I had been in Florida a few weeks ago , then the weather got too warm for my morning walks, and then it rained like crazy the past few days with the Tornado sirens going off a few times. I really must get back on the street, since in a few days Noccallua Falls will be closing until Thanksgiving evening when the Christmas Extravaganza of lights and decoration begins.
Hopefully the best is yet to come with the trees even though it has been a weird Fall so far.
Fridays high is supposed to be 67, and I can hardly wait!

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous darling! -jenny your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful. As a kid growing up in New York and seeing the leaves change I didn't appreciate their beauty. After living in Florida for 25 years now, when I see trees like this it takes my breath away for a second. I can't wait to visit and see it live....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait either! I am ready for Fall to get here and stay here! I know what you are saying about not really seeing things...I get tunnel vision when I am running errands around town.

    ReplyDelete