Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sno Cone Heaven!!




Ever since Angela from Pickles on Pizza began posting about her summer goal of sampling every flavor offered in a place in her town, I have been CRAVING sno cones! Her pictures looked so inviting and cool and refreshing, and I thought, "If I had a goal like that, I might just make it through the dog days of summer too!" But when I searched on the internet, nothing came up for this area, but in the back of my mind, I could picture a run down looking place in Rainbow City that I had passed during the winter when it was closed. I knew it was near one of the grocery stores or thrift stores I go to which is in RC but only a few miles away. So today around 11:30 AM, I drove to where I thought I had spotted it and found a veritable oasis of Sno! Rainbow Sno, in a brightly painted trailer, already open, with a sign that listed exotic flavors way beyond cherry, grape and lemon! It was more beautiful than I remembered so they must have spruced it up, or maybe I was just high on the victory of finding what I was yearning for!
I HAD to order one, even though it was before noon and I hadn't even eaten lunch yet. So I ordered the Hawaiian Sunset which was raspberry, banana and orange. A small was only 2.00 and it was huge, but I made mine a cream one for a dollar extra!
Maybe I can get through summer after all!

5 comments:

  1. Exciting! If you ever sample the coconut cream pie, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those flavors! Enjoy your sno cone summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VICTORY!!!! What a cute little sno cone place!! The one that sounds good to me is "Frog in a Blender!" Mmmm keep us posted on your summer treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! You had sno cones today and I had gelato. Went to International Mall with my sister, but I missed my mall buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all I could think about was how Chriss and Nancy would love this sno cone place! I miss my mall buddy too!

    ReplyDelete