Thursday, January 14, 2010

When I Create I Make A Mess!

One of the garlands I crocheted for my lonely post Christmas windows...
What it really looks like around me during a project...
I know, what a mess...
and a close up of the mess...

I love looking at artsy photos of yarn balls piled in a rustic basket with perfectly accenting knitting needles poking out in the dreamiest creamy lighting. It makes knitting and crocheting look so compact and functional yet glamorous. Or the pictures of knitters sitting cross legged on a big easy chair with just a tiny yarn ball of delicate yarn dangling from the needles... Then someone tell me why, when I am doing a simple project, the yarn takes over the couch, I have piles of things around me like my hook pouch, scissors,needle book, bag with my printed out patterns, crochet or knitting books,labels, scraps and crap all around me? It is not a photo opportunity when I create, it is a mess! Please tell me that someone out there can relate to me! Or am I the only disheveled crafter out there? Please someone tell me you know what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment