Thursday, May 14, 2009

New Kitchen Shelves Inspired by Anthropologie

One day last week, a big shelf in my kitchen came crashing down, breaking glass and spewing flour and sugar all over the kitchen floor! Thank the Lord that no one was hurt, because my daughter Christina and grandson Kavi were visiting us then, and Kavi had been crawling around in there before!
I was sad nonetheless because I loved those shelves and the vintage look they brought my kitchen. Well, I was wondering how to replace them inexpensively without attaching anything to the wall (plaster, which is why they didn't hold) when I came across an image from Anthropologie which used stainless steel looking shelves to display their goodies. Well, good old Walmart can always be counted on for good prices, so I picked up a similar one that only cost 35.00!

The following pictures will be the before crash white bottom shelf, the Anthropologie inspiration and my new shelves in the kitchen all set up! I actually put the shelves together myself which totally surprised my husband!



5 comments:

  1. I like your new shelves. Gives you more storage space too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I wish I could have something like that in my tiny apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, glad you like em! I decorated the kitchen with a 1940's inspired color pallette of turquoise and red and found vintage tablecloths on ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops, that wasn't Raymond (my husband) I accidentally posted under his google account!

    ReplyDelete