Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Narnia part two

 Last spring me and my family went to Gatlinburg Tennessee for a long weekend and even though it was the end of April we were pleasantly surprised by snow at the top of Clingman's Dome.  Yes it looked like Narnia.  Well  this past weekend we returned there wanting to see the Smokies in Fall array and went for another drive towards the higher elevation . This is what we saw!  Snow beautiful, Christmassy, fluffy, white snow!
 So, what are the odds of this happening to us again??  We were ecstatic!  This is me and my awesome snowball makin husband!
 The day we arrived it was chilly and Fallish, leaves twirling downward in the wind.  Apple dumplings at the Apple Barn started our mini vacation with a bang. Me and my daughter Christina in front of a stream across from the "Apple Barn"
 Two days later, THIS!  This is me and my daughter Jenny.
At lower elevations it was still Fall!  My son in law Suj and Kavi outside "Santa's Claus-et"
This is after we descended from Narnia back to the land of Autumn!
The cabin we all shared had a wood burning fireplace that made the stay especially cozy and made up for the concave mattress in me and Ray's room, the poop-like aroma in my daughter Christina's room and the scary, scary twisty and steep road up to it!

Seriously though Gatlinburg Pigeon Forge and the Smoky Mountains national Park is my favorite place to go!  If you haven't been there go there!  Gather a bunch of family to chip in and get a cabin!!  You will love it!

7 comments:

  1. Hi there. I'm new to your blog and love it. I live in Birmingham and just wish I had a 1920's home....so jealous!! If your ever in Bham make sure to check out Indian Springs Village...great homes as well as Forest Park area and old Mountain Brook. You'll love the homes there. Thanks again for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love that cute beanie:) Nice post.

    Emma
    Port and Company PC54 Cotton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do hope your well, I've been out of the blogging world for a while and am catching up with some fave blog reads. Take care, you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Consider the lillies' - ah! What a profound extraction of our finite existence. Where-O-where didst thou come up with such an austere wisdom, my wee lass? You rrrock!!

    trustNjesus, dear.
    Meet me Upstairs.
    Gotta lotta tok bout o'er a Big-ol beer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That comes, as you very well know, from the Holy Bible - dunno what synoptic gospel, yet, one of the four, right? Let's tok Upstairs indepth...

      Delete
    2. That comes, as you very well know, from the Holy Bible - dunno what synoptic gospel, yet, one of the four, right? Let's tok Upstairs indepth...

      Delete
  5. Satta king Play Bazaar In the event that you have reached a stopping point in your arrangements for fruitful web promoting, it might be a great opportunity to investigate your methodologies and settle on some extreme choices. On the off chance that you accept that your arrangement has genuine worth, it might be that you simply need some down to earth exhortation to refocus. Attempt a portion of these tips.

    ReplyDelete