Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thank God for Pinterest!

Hopefully, you have all discovered the joys of pinterest! I guess, for those of you who never heard of it, it is like a virtual bulletin board where you can post various pictures and recipes that were found on the web. Believe me, it is fun and addicting.
I have especially enjoyed the recipe aspect of it, as I am always looking for inspiration to liven up our family's dinner time. Several years ago, the acquisition of cable tv and the newly formed FOOD network helped me out of the cooking doldrums, then a few years after that, allrecipes.com came my way, followed by just plain googling for ideas for simple dinners. And, as of late, pinterest has rocked my world.
Last week, I found 4 new recipes to try out, heavy on crock potting and surprisingly they were all a big hit! Of course, I tweak just about everything I make, looking at recipes as more like guidelines rather than hard and fast rules.

Zuppa Toscana
Today I made this, only in a regular pot rather than a crockpot and it was absolutely delicious. My husband raved about it and I really loved it as well! I used half and half instead of heavy cream and mustard greens instead of kale!



Crock Pot Falafels
I made this last week and also loved it! I would season the falafels a little more than the recipe called for next time with fresh garlic, onion and cilantro, but they really crisped in the crock pot and I made a yogurt sauce with onion, garlic powder, parsley and lemon juice and it was a good accompaniment.



Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
This was also yummy! I substituted neufchatel cheese for the cream cheese to lower the fat in this recipe! And added half a bag of peas!


Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
made crock pot chicken and dumplings, adding a bag of mixed veggies. delicious!


Smoky Red lentils
I used Tandoori spice mixture from an international market instead of the paprika and it was scrumptious!

So... get your butts over to pinterest and get some inspiration of your own, you won't be sorry!!

1 comment:

  1. Satta king Play Bazaar Web showcasing efforts can be significantly more powerful in the event that you utilize an unmistakable logo or catchphrase. These mottos and visuals are considerably more essential to potential clients than any of the other substance on your site. Logos stick out and mottos are succinct and clever. You need individuals to think about your business whenever they are in the market for what you sell.

    ReplyDelete