Tuesday, August 30, 2011

summer doldrums...autumn hope



a rough sketch of friend Rachel, daughter Jenny and daughter Christina I did from a photo about 10 years ago!


Do you ever feel like you are just floating along, not making much headway? No breeze, no movement? Well, that's me during the summer! Stagnant, hot, blah!
Well except for three glorious weeks this month which made August fly by, when my daughter and grandson visited us from Florida. Even though it was mega hot, I was refreshed by Christina being with me every day and energized by my grandsons cheery disposition! Each morning I would hear "Nannnnnnny!, Nannnnny!" and Kavi would come to my room and climb into bed to watch cartoons. Grandpa was already gone for work and Christina relaxed a little longer in bed while Kavi snuggled on Grandpa's pillows in the room with me.
At the end of their visit, my son in law was able to fly up for a few days and then drive back home with Christina and Kavi.
Now that they are gone it's like...crickets...crickets...
But I am so thankful for the time together and look forward to the next visit with them!

Now, this summertime business...I am over it! This week's forecast includes several upper 90 days, but some high 80s are in the near future and they better be right about that. I need it to be ''non heat wave" weather to really get in to crochet projects and I need to start preparing for Fall etsy sales and an upcoming craft fair in December, which I hope to be doing with Christina as well!
I also have a hankering to start drawing again after being inspired by talented Erika from
A Tiny Rocket, who did a gorgeous painting a day and shared them on her blog and also a facebook friend who just started sketching and is super talented at it. I haven't sketched for several years, but I did enjoy it and it is a fun way to make gifts or home decor for your own home.
Even with all this "not fun for me" weather, I am hopefully looking forward to what Fall may bring our way. Cooler weather, brighter colors and new adventures, I believe!!

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

3 comments:

  1. Your first paragraph has my name written all over it x I know how that feels truly.

    Wishing you a warmer Autumn, and I don't just mean the weather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you!! I am totally OVER Summer and can't wait for the mosquitoes to go away and a nice breeze to stir up this air a bit. It was 101 here today --UGH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Satta king Play Bazaar Web showcasing is best done utilizing retailer locales in light of the fact that these are the destinations that customers who really go through money are tapping on. In the event that one wishes to advance their item or administration on the Internet, the perfect way is contact a retailer and to get their advertisement on their webpage.

    ReplyDelete