Friday, May 6, 2011

One year ago...and blah blah blah...


First of all, I am sorry for being MIA in the blogosphere! We went to Florida last weekend and I have been having WIFI trouble at our house and our PC runs real slow and frustrates me when it comes to posting. Not to mention that I can't seem to think of anything to blog about. Although I had several almost posts that just fell by the wayside. I am sure that my MOJO will be back soon though because I really love posting and reading all the inspiring and entertaining ones that you all make too!
So it was a year ago that I decided to become more active and started going for morning walks around my neighborhood And yes, I know that is a dumb time of year to start since I hate heat and humidity and May is a month on the verge of those things. All year long since then, I have done some sort of exercise,at least three times a week whether it was my stationary bike, exercise DVDs, or my favorite, walking outside in the fresh cool air, listening to the birds sing and taking in the sights. Too bad, it has not resulted in my becoming skinny. I seem to have lost about 8 pounds since last year, but believe me I have a long way to go. You see, I have this problem...my favorite quote is Jack Black from "The School of Rock"..."So I like to eat...is that such a crime?" I have always liked eating and I have become much more enamored with healthy foods, but perhaps I can partially blame my pre-menopausal hormones with my intense cravings of carbs. I will keep plugging along, although I am bummed about summer coming since last year was the hottest one ever. Indoor routines will have to do but I am hoping and praying for some more cool days to come before Summer takes its nasty toll on my restorative outside walks!

"People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy." ~Anton Chekhov
I am hoping to find that level of happiness this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment