Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Porches in the Fall

Yellow House Porch in the Fall


Porch in Rockville, CT

Fall Front Porch





Ever since moving to Alabama from Florida, I have been in love with my front porch. Especially in the Fall, Spring and yes, even Winter. Yesterday, Ray and I ate our dinner there because it was a lovely crisp fall afternoon and we have a table and chairs on it that was purchased at a thrift store.
It is the perfect place to hang out with a nice hot cup of coffee, tea or hot cocoa. (you should really try Abuelitas Mexican Hot Cocoa made with milk , we got it at Walmart, it is yummy!) There is a porch swing, two rocking chairs, a glider, a wicker chair, and a bunch of ladder back chairs. Needless to say it is a big porch and many of you have seen previous posts with my porch pictures in it.
I love these porch pictures I found on Flickr and the fall decor which adds to the coziness. I you are ever over in this neck of the woods, come on over and we can sit and sip our hot beverages together!

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful places to "set a spell." Wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be fun if we could all sit together on a porch and chat the day away?

    I have a little porch but I enjoy it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my porch, but don't make as much use of it as I should. Next summer!

    ReplyDelete