Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dinner Time!




I thought I would share some pictures of my dining room which I had gussied up for company we had last Friday evening. Sorry about the blurry pics, I used my cell phone and since I had dropped the phone in water a few times, things just aren't as crisp as they used to be.
Truthfully, we rarely use the dining room since everyone gets home at different times from work and we just use the coffee table and paper plates because I hate doing dishes. There is usually just one table in the DR with the sewing machine base table on the side, but I cleared them off and placed them both in the middle to accommodate our friend and two children that came that night.
I really liked the way it looked, it made me think of a cute cafe. Everything in this room is used. The rug was from a vintage shop in town , the bench from a yard sale, hutch from a thrift store, one of the table and chairs from The World's Longest Yard Sale, the sewing machine table from an old gent who sold things from his yard, mirror and side table from garage sales. most of the decor from thrift shops , vintage etsy shops, chairs from garage sales and on and on.
I personally love to buy used things because there is more unique style to them and a simple coat of paint can transform an ugly knick knack or piece of furniture in to a work of art!
The next time we will use this room will be for Thanksgiving when my daughter, son in law and grandson will be joining us! I can hardly wait!

7 comments:

  1. I love the look of the 2 tables and have thought about doing something like that in my dining room as well - but like you we never eat in there. It is paper plates and coffee table for us too.

    Oh and your post below- I still like owls too. They are just cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dining room looks so lovely and welcoming. Our dining table in squashed into the kitchen as it is all open plan downstairs - that's the only downside to my home. I no longer have a dining room that I can use for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought it was a decorating magazine! Love the fireplace and mantle. You certainly have an eye for design. Me, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's a beautiful room!
    And I REALLY like how your pictures turned out....they look amazing!!!!!
    (Came across your blog through Landyardlady....it's lovely:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just simply love your dining room! It looks so warm and cozy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowee! i love your dining room... wanna come decorate mine!? :)

    ReplyDelete