Monday, September 13, 2010

the shady side of the street




Even though this next week's weather forecast still calls for days in the 90s (yuck!), this morning it was in the 50s when I woke up. I hurried to get dressed in my walking clothes and hit the pavement a little before 8 AM. I felt a slight chill in the air which encouraged me on my journey to the edge of my downtown and back, a good hour walk for me! 57 degrees when I left, 67 degrees when I returned home. I can't wait until this is more of the norm, since expected lows the rest of the week will be 70, which may seem cool to you guys, but I know that it will turn into 80s during my walk, which is a little too hot for this hot flashin momma!
One drawback to walking downtown is the glaring sun in my face, but I stayed on the shady side of the street and it was just fine!

5 comments:

  1. very pretty pics, GO MOM -jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little town. It looks like something out of a movie set. Cool here this morning too. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you changed your header picture...trying to force your way into fall? Yes, Dolly, I would be thrilled with 70 degrees. Its just been so muggy here, it is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I'm struggling with the exercise part of the program I'm on...although I agree it is so much easier when the air has a tiny bit of a nip in it! Love your new fall look and the header pic is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. agh... i really need to go for walks in the beautiful weather... i wish i had that motivation of yours! it's only supposed to get up to 72 today! WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete