Monday, August 31, 2009

The Violet Burning

If you have never heard of this band, I feel real bad for ya, cause their music is just wonderful:)! Everyone has different tastes I know, but give a listen to this heartfelt song, you might just love it! Did you ever have a hard time in your life, and music was a key factor in helping you get through it? I had a miserable summer several years back where I felt like I was an unlovable person or something, going through a period of feeling rejection and gloomy and the words and music from this band's songs just brought healing and joy back to my life! I have never had a blue period like that since, because I really experienced an unconditional and pure love that can only come from our Maker who created us and thinks that we are precious.
Here are the lyrics from their song, "There is Nowhere Else"...

There is Nowhere Else

Not the jewels of a thousand kings
Not the waves of the mighty seas
Not palaces of gold
Or castles by the sea
Could ever separate me
From your love

When you ask me to be near you
And you say, "come, take my hand"
I say, "be near me, be near me"

For there is nowhere else I'd rather stay
Then in your arms

Not the sky, or the stars above
Not the treasure of a thousand loves
Not palaces of gold or castles by the sea
Could ever separate me from your love

There is nowhere else I'd rather stay
Then in your arms
There is nowhere else I want to be
But in your arms


No comments:

Post a Comment