Thursday, August 13, 2009

Turkey Cranberry Croissant


A few years ago, in Old Hyde Park, Tampa, my friend Nancy , her sister in law Sue and I ate lunch in a cute old house turned cafe and ordered their Turkey, Cream Cheese and Cranberry Sauce on a Croissant and loved it! I have since incorporated it into our dinner menu when I don't feel like heating up the house with a hot oven!

1 package cream cheese, softened
6 croissants, split ( or 4 large croissants)
1 pound Honeysuckle White Turkey Breast (deli meat)
3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce

1. Spread cream cheese mixture on both halves of croissants.
2. Layer turkey, cranberry sauce on bottom half of croissant.
3. Top with other half of croissant.
4. Eat cold, or grill on a Georg Foreman type grill or in a frying pan!

Makes 6 servings.

Tip: This recipe is works great with leftover turkey.
You can use any type of bread of course and it is just as yummy! I have served it with a side of stove topped stuffing with gravy, but tonight I have corn on the cob and sliced avocado!

No comments:

Post a Comment