Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Makeup Must Haves!



So... I thought I would just give my two cents worth on the topic of makeup. I know that there are a lot of natural beauties out there in blog-land, but I myself need help in that department! For many years I struggled with finding just the right foundation that blended well and wasn't too light or dark, or too pricey! Several years ago, my friend Rachel suggested I try "MAC Face and Body Foundation", and boy was I glad I did! First of all, it comes in four ounces which is double or even quadruple what you get in most foundation bottles, so the 32.00 price tag is very reasonable.
What I like about this product is that it is a water based foundation, therefore it is sheer and light. It goes on very smoothly and evenly, which makes life easy with almost no chance of making a mistake. Even in natural light, it looks like you have nothing on!
It is worth a trip to your MAC store to have them match your complexion and tell you your foundation color type. And if it's not close by, ( I have never lived less than one hour away from one!)you can re-order online. If you sign up for their e-mails you will often get notices about free delivery.
Now, for face powder, I use "Loreal True Match" face powder. It can be found in Walmart, Target or any drugstore for a reasonable price and has been in Allure Magazine as the best face powder. It is a perfect finish over foundation, and can be matched to your skin tone with plastic cards that you hold over your wrist.
Well, I hope this was helpful to someone out there! Like I said it's just my two cents worth!

1 comment:

  1. Good to know!! I wear a tinted moisturizer from Jane but may want to think about switching to foundation. SO thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete